Welcome!

Welcome to the Nicole Barczak Photography blog.... the place to get all the latest happenings with Nicole Barczak Photography. Don't forget to head over to the website: Nicole Barczak Photography as well!

Current Availability:

Please contact Nicole for the most up to date availability: nicole@nbarczak.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stepping into the frame

I've said it before.... as the photographer of our family I am rarely in our images.   And sadly, our last "family picture" was nearly 2 years ago!  How awful is that!?  (You know, the cobblers children have no shoes....).  

For spring break we are having an official family session on the beach in North Carolina.  And can I be completely honest for a minute?  I've contemplated canceling this session about a dozen times.  

Do you want to know why?

Because I'm insecure.  I'm insecure with how *I* look and how *I* will be portrayed in these images.   How ridiculous is that?!   After having Amelia last April, I've been unmotivated to exercise and lose the rest of the "baby weight", and so now I'm facing this session with an extra 20-30lbs than I normally am.  This gives me anxiety.  I'm terrified of seeing the final product- of seeing MYSELF.

I know I'm not the only one.

I came across this post on another photographers blog and realized... it is time.  It is time for me to shove that insecurity aside and step into the frame.  Because you know what.... in 10, 15, 20 years... I'm going to be so thankful that I did.  I will look back on those images of us as a family, of ME with my children, and my heart will be full and happy regardless of what my body looked like on the outside.

Are you ready to step into the frame?  Are you ready to be photographed with your children?   Check out the Mommy and Me sessions this spring.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicole,
If you're concerned about how you're going to look in your photos...

Check out
http://www.iheartfaces.com/2012/03/photography-posing-mistakes-tutorial/
for posing mistakes and how to fix them - complete with photos

AND

http://www.thedatingdivas.com/family-fun/101-family-picture-tips-and-ideas/
for pose ideas and specifically 41-56 for ways to pose that will be flattering.

Honestly though, you'll be fine! The most important thing is to smile for the photo. Looking through the photos taken of me throughout my lifetime, the only ones I HATE of myself are the ones that I thought I looked terrible and as a result, I did not smile for the camera. I wish I could just go back and fix them, but it's too late. Seriously though, you look fine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...